If you want that trip to Paris to be a dream vacation, put some time into researching the accommodation that’s right for you.
It’s easy. Research can be done on the internet and so many sources exist for recommendations when it comes to lodging. Hotels run the gamut from budget hostels to extravagant palaces. And there are times when a hotel is desirable.
However, it is wise to consider whether renting an apartment could enhance the Paris experience.
For example, having a kitchen to cook in could be incredible. If you love going to the farmers markets, the baker, the butcher and the cheese shops in abundance all over the city, imagine being able to shop for these impeccable ingredients and then compose a meal at home.
It takes the foodie pursuit to another level. A cut of lamb from a farmer up North, beautiful vegetables picked fresh that morning, salt from Brittany and a bottle of small-production Beaujolais, all purchased on your local market street, for instance, on Rue Cler in the 7th arrondissement.
Apartments afford one privacy, while allowing more immersion in the daily life of the city…a little less like a tourist, perhaps.
Plus, many apartments come equipped with washing machines and dryers, and for stays of a week or longer, that means traveling with fewer articles of clothing and being able to wash your favorite pair of jeans when they need it. The following is a list of websites to check out, that have led to happy renters.
1. www.cobblestay.com : a small collection of nicely furnished apartments in good locations
2. www.rentals-paris.com : Glenn Cooper, an ex-New Yorker owns this company and makes renting and getting acclimated,
3. www.all-paris-apartments.com : many listings here
6. Craig’s List – http://paris.fr.craigslist.org/apa
7. www.chezvous.com : luxury
8. www.villeetvillage.com : luxury
9. www.parisvacationapartments.com : lovely listings
10. http://www.paristay.com : apartment rentals in Paris center from studio to family accomodations, from short term to long
Go to www.paris-apartment-info.com for a comprehensive list of rental organizations and tips on how to proceed and what to expect.
Living like a Parisian in a private residence rocks.